On offer is a stylish and contemporary townhouse in a...
Selling Your Home – Notice the Difference with Chris Arnold
You’re in good hands with an agency that cares.
Locally Focused Business
Expert understanding of the local market and suburb trends. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver local knowledge that will help you succeed.
Your needs are our priority. Chris and his dedicated team are committed to delivering a personalised service that works for you.
30 Years Experience
Arnold Property has been a staple in the Newcastle community for over three decades. With so much experience and knowledge, we know what it takes to get things done.
Immecible Track Record
With our help, over 150 homeowners have successfully sold their property, with an average of just 48 days on the market.
Arnold Property was established in the 90s by father Steve Arnold, and still proudly stands as a family-owned business.
Finding the right buyers to sell your property
The key to fast home sales is engaging with the right buyers.
You can gain an edge in the property market by identifying your buyer before the official advertising campaign begins. With our extensive database of active buyers, you’ll have access to potential consumers that match your property. Then we offer expert services and marketing packages that will reach potential buyers with targeted specificity.
Chris Arnold and his team of experts have years of experience in the real estate industry. They’ll pinpoint and target your property’s strongest selling points, tailoring our marketing to match the most suitable buyer demographics.
Advertising on all of the major platforms, like Domain and RealEsate.com.au, allows us to reach a wide audience. Our team has also built genuine connections with local buyers’ agents and external buyers’ representation. This means we can provide you with the best opportunities available in the Newcastle area.
If you have found a potential buyer, our team can offer expert advice in a pre-sale report highlighting areas where we think the property has potential and value. We’ll also coordinate trade quotes for styling or renovations needed before listing it on the market. As a bonus extra, we also provide garden makeover services to increase curbside appeal.
With our combined skills and knowledge, we can help you sell your home quickly to the best buyer.
Finding the best agent to sell your house
Selling a home can be a complicated process, but it can be much easier with the help of our committed agents. At Arnold Property, we specialise in helping homeowners sell their homes quickly and smoothly.
Finding the right agent can give you peace of mind when selling your house. You want them to do what’s best for you. So you can rest assured they have everything under control and are working towards achieving the best results.
At Arnold Property, we’re proud to be known as an organisation that goes above and beyond when it comes to transparency. Our ethical approach underpins our business growth and is showcased in our relationships with home sellers and prospective buyers.
Trust is the number one consideration when choosing an agent to work with. We make sure that our fellow agents are people we can trust and who will treat you with respect, so we appreciate the same in return. Here are some questions you should ask:
Questions to ask
Local agents have a thorough understanding of the local region. What’s more, living locally means more in-depth knowledge of the most popular locations in your region, the demographics and the types of buyers. An overview of recent changes in a suburb can also give insights into employment and development, which minimises the time it takes to sell a house.
Developing the skills to accurately appraise the value of property tales years of hands-on experience. Experienced and knowledgeable local agents know how to market your property and provide targeted selling strategies. They work for buyers who want the best results possible.
Doing some quick research on Domain and checking an agent’s profile can reveal their standard days on the market. Despite it only being an average, it is still a clear indication of how they work. Agents with lower average days on the market demonstrate a higher accuracy in property appraisals and how hard they can work for you. Choosing an agent with a larger number of average days on market could indicate that their appraisals and strategies aren’t as developed and may not be the right choice for you.
An agent that is already preoccupied and handling too many listings will not have the time to do open homes or organise private inspections every week. Selling your home is impossible if no one can see it. Aim to learn more about whether you are dealing exclusively with a single agent and make sure they commit to a schedule for your sale.
The perfect agent works with you. They will hit the ground running and endeavour to contact inquiries while conducting open homes right up until the contract exchange. Some agents make the crucial mistake of neglecting open homes and listing a property as UNDER OFFER online before a contract is even signed. Once a property is placed under offer, it can discourage other potential buyers who might be interested in offering more. It’s important to remember that even good offers can fall through. That’s why it’s vital to have a second offer available to fall back on.
It’s essential to scope out your agent, including attending their open homes and watching how they work or interact with buyers. This can demonstrate how experienced they will be during the negotiation process. Watch how long it takes them to reply to your inquiry as a buyer and how easy they are to contact. Your agent should treat every enquiry with urgency, as any enquiry they fail to respond to could be a buyer willing to pay top dollar for your property.
Preparing Your House for Sale
- Find the right time to sell your property. Is there a special time during the year that displays your house at it’s best? A pleasant, shaded home in the summer can transform into a chilly and uninviting place during winter.
- Select at least three agents to ask for an initial sales call. Ask them about the process, and take notes of any recommendations they provide.
- After the first few meetings, make a list of work needed before listing and prepare what you need to do.
- Give yourself an adequate time frame. Concentrate on jobs that you can do by yourself like easy repairs or finer details, and get expert help for any bigger jobs.
- Request quotes from tradesmen if renovations are required.
- Spend some time rejuvenating your garden before selling to make sure they are looking nice before sales time.
- Thirty days before listing, speak to your selling agent about puttling a selling strategy in place.
- Consider if you can use your own furniture or lease a storage unit to stash belongings to de-clutter your home.
- Contact a respected Conveyancer or Solicitor to draft the contract for sale.
- One week before listing, book in cleaners and a stylist. If the house has tenats, make sure they keep the home tidy for any showings.
- We advise sending your pet on a holiday to a pet resort during the listing period. It will save time with cleaning, and you won’t run the risk of Fido leaving little treats for potential buyers.
- In the final week all the marketing will take place such as floorplan, photography and video. Talk to your agent about what options are available, and what you can do to help.
Latest Sold Properties
Here is an excellent opportunity that doesn’t come up very...
Situated in a picturesque coastal setting right on the doorstep...